Wednesday, April 30, 2014

My first 5K.

Happy hump day! Anyone ready for this weather to be over already?? 

I had a first this past weekend: I signed up to compete in my first 5K. I went into this thinking that I might run some and walk the rest of the way since I really have not trained myself to run the whole thing. I have never been a runner and never thought I would ever enjoy it. I have been walking for a while now and I knew my body needed to move to the next level. I have always avoided running but decided to give it a try to up my cardio. I used the Couch to 5K program to get myself introduced to it at first and now just push myself on my own.

And I love it!! It really is challenging for me since I have a lot of weight to carry but is a way to relax and have "me" time.

The 5K went great and I felt more motivation running with others. I ran almost half way before I had to walk for a bit and was shocked! I finished 39:41 and came in at 19 out of 40. I know the pros out there are probably thinking that's terrible. But that is awesome for me and my body is making progress in this fitness journey. I was so proud of myself for getting so far and stepping out of my comfort zone.

I will definitely be finding more races to sign up for. Of course just 5Ks for now, I know I am nowhere close to anything more but I might think about that in the future. So if you know of any coming up in the Athens area let me know. 
"It doesn't get easier, you just get better"



Follow me for new recipes, fitness progress and motivation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment