Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Life is a Beach

So last week my husband and I, along with my mom and step dad, took a week off and headed to the beach! We love the beach so much that it is the only place we go. This time we headed to Myrtle Beach, S.C. It has been a while and it definitely has changed over a few years. April is a little early to sit in the sand and jump in the water but we had so much fun!

One of our favorite parts to the beach is eating real seafood! And I am not taking about Red Lobster. The real thing!! And it is easy for me to find something to eat that is not fried (even though I did splurge I little). As much as I love fried shrimp and carbs, it is just harder for me to eat it because I hate the miserable feeling to follow. 

As far as my exercising, I was able to get more walking in than I do at home because I had the time! It was great to walk a few miles on the beach. If only I could do that every day...hmmm..retirement maybe??

We of course had to play putt putt twice (my favorite). We also got to ride the SkyWheel which is basically a "upscale" Ferris wheel but it is so tall that you could see for miles! Skee ball and shopping was also on the list of things to do. And lastly, we would have to find a gun shop and stop by to browse. But if the guys put up with us the whole week, they deserved a short trip there. Cannot complain. Makes the hubs happy:)

View from the SkyWheel:


The first to days were kinda rainy but our last two days were beautiful! We were finally able to get some beach time. The wind was really cold but the sun evened it out so it was perfect. Water was freezing though. I mean it. We stuck our feet in for a second and could not feel them.

Those Krispy Kreme we picked up was my downfall last week. What is it about those things that make them so good? That was definitely my splurge. Maybe a little too much. A donut a day keeps the doctor away right?! 

Just kidding y'all. I wish.

Oh and my birthday was Thursday. Seafood, beach, and putt putt was the best way to spend it. And I got to come home to a mailbox full of warm birthday wishes from my family. How great is that? So thankful and blessed. 

Overall, the trip was awesome!


Monday was not fun though. Too much to do but not a lot of time to do it in. But we make it work. Such is life.

Random thought for my next venture on the blog: I am going to start a weekly recipe makeover/Pinterest party. Thinking about turning some of the best foods to "skinny" foods and maybe trying out a few of the recipes I see on Pinterest. So excited to find some new dishes everyone will love!

Well I gotta get back at it. Life is a beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment