Wednesday, April 9, 2014

My FAV apps!

I am back! It's been a little longer than I expected to post again but life happens ya know. I am on a fabulous Spring Break right now, which you will all here about next week. But while I have a break from everything else I will post about some of my favorite things. 

We use our smart phones so much now that we could not function without them. Soooo, I am sharing my five fav health and fitness apps with you. You know there is a whole section of health & fitness related apps in your App Store?? I have an iPhone but I am sure that most are available in the other brands. (Love my iPhone and probably won't ever switch. I am one of those that do not like change). If you have some free time (what's free time?), browse that section. You may find something that strikes your fancy. Until then, I have done the hard work for you! Here is the top 5 for me:

MyFitnessPal. Some of you may already use this, either the app or website. But this definitely keeps me accountable for what I eat because I know others are looking at my diary. Basically, you set up an account with height, weight, goal weight, etc. and it will give you a pretty accurate calorie range. Try not to just focus on calories though. You can see fat, carbs, sodium, etc. in your daily and weekly intake. Find me as a friend at jeannie_410@yahoo.com and set your diary to public/friends only for accountability. 


Striiv. Yes, I spelled it right. This is an awesome app to track your steps/miles walked everyday. And links directly to MyFitnessPal to subtract calories burned. I am all about subtracting calories!! Warning: this app does run your battery down. I try to keep a charger around so my phone does not die. I love to see how much I have walked in one day though. Worth it for me, but others tend to delete it for that reason. Don't blame me later; I did warn you!

Pact. This app I am fairly new to and still getting used to it but so far I am liking it. This keeps you accountable with food logging, eating fruits & veggies, and workouts by charging you if you do not reach your goals for the week. But if you do reach your goals, you get paid. Yes, that's right. They give you money to exercise and eat right while tracking it. Set your goals for each week and earn! Now my problem with this is that I forget about it and there is no way to enter whatever you did. And if you workout, you cannot lock your phone because it will not count it. But I am figuring it out so it's getting better. Links directly to MyFitnessPal to make sure you logged your food for the day. I am saving all of the money I earn for my pedicures this year. Reward yourself with things that are NOT food. It's worth it. Now if I can improve my memory loss so I will remember to complete it every week...

Skinny Mom. This is a great place for motivation, clean recipes, and fitness tips. It is originally a blog then website and now they have their own app! Easy to access and always has something new. Love trying the recipes and learning more about a healthy lifestyle. 

30 Day Squat Challenge. This app is so simple, yet so convenient. You see all of those calendars with daily basic workouts on Pinterest right? This is almost the same thing but marks off the days you have completed and easier than printing those sheets off and keeping up with them. Also available in abs and push ups too. Get it now!


Hope you enjoy these like I do. Do you have certain apps you cannot live without? Let me know what they are so I may try something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment